Welcome!

I am going to Game Developers Conference Europe 2014. Message me for networking.

Visit http://arkhipov.info/ - my new website aggregating all of my Internet resources and contacts.

THIS IS A LINK TO MY INTRODUCTION POST

About Me

My Photo

Hello! I am teaching law at St. Petersburg State University. Major part of my research is connected to virtual worlds and massive multiplayer online games (a broad field which includes Internet law, video game law, virtual law and game studies). This interest derives from my passion for computer games which I consider as one of the most important cultural artifacts ever created. 

Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, my dear readers!

It is popular among bloggers to strike the balance at, or immediately after, the year's end. 

I am happy that this time I can summarize everything important for me just to one notion - last year I managed to bring most of my professional and personal activities to one common denominator which is my passion for computer games (or started doing so which is effectively the same).

One particular sample pertains to my academic career and implies setting up the course of Internet law including legal regulation of online games and virtual worlds as an integral part. 

I never felt better while reading lectures, and I got the impression that the same is true for the students attending them. Once again I received a striking example of how important it is to do what you belive in, and I could not stress this more.

My New Year wish for you is to discover what you true will is and to reconcile your life with it, whatever it might be!