Welcome!

I am going to Game Developers Conference Europe 2014. Message me for networking.

Visit http://arkhipov.info/ - my new website aggregating all of my Internet resources and contacts.

THIS IS A LINK TO MY INTRODUCTION POST

About Me

My Photo

Hello! I am teaching law at St. Petersburg State University. Major part of my research is connected to virtual worlds and massive multiplayer online games (a broad field which includes Internet law, video game law, virtual law and game studies). This interest derives from my passion for computer games which I consider as one of the most important cultural artifacts ever created. 

Friday, March 1, 2013

Judge Richard Posner In Second Life

While preparing an article on virtual law I revealed an interesting fact about Judge Richard Posner. In 2006 he appeared in an event hosted by Creative Commons which took place nowhere but in Second Life!

Participation of the most prominent modern American legal theorist and judge in a virtual world can be a striking reference point for any virtual law article. Feel free to use this fact if you have not found it already.

My credit to Benjamin T. Duranske and Sean F. Kane who mentioned it in their article 'Virtual Worlds, Real World Issues'.

See full account of the event in Wagner James Au blog.

Screenshot cited (oh, can it?) in academic purposes from
http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2006/12/the_second_life.html
All rights reserved by respective copyright holders