Welcome!

I am going to Game Developers Conference Europe 2014. Message me for networking.

Visit http://arkhipov.info/ - my new website aggregating all of my Internet resources and contacts.

THIS IS A LINK TO MY INTRODUCTION POST

About Me

My Photo

Hello! I am teaching law at St. Petersburg State University. Major part of my research is connected to virtual worlds and massive multiplayer online games (a broad field which includes Internet law, video game law, virtual law and game studies). This interest derives from my passion for computer games which I consider as one of the most important cultural artifacts ever created. 

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Translation From Legal Into English

Example of proper attitude to legal text intended for a user who would not necessarily be a lawyer (Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten EULA):


A legal question here would be whether the text in ordinary language has legal meaning, and what would have the priority in case of contradiction...